May 2, 2011

The Old Mill Inn and Spa- Wedding Bells ring again

Springtime is the special time of year when everyone feels the need to clean up, clean out, re-arrange and change the present.  

Reception Room
The Old Mill Inn and Spa
Open Bar
Recently, we revisited the Old Mill Inn and Spa.  This is the first place I went to in 2010 that actually started my interest in blogging.  I remember I was looking out the window of the subway when I saw this beautiful park (Old Mill Park) and decided to get off at the station.  I spent the afternoon taking pictures and visiting the 'Old Mill Inn and Spa'.  I wasn't really dressed for the surroundings (in my jeans) but decided to go inside anyways.  This experience lead me to believe that there must be so many other amazing things to see in Toronto, just steps away from each and every subway station, and that is how I ended up blogging 'the subways'.  Somehow I knew this would be a special place for me someday..

We arrived at the Old Mill to view the reception facilities.  What I like about this for the wedding reception is that everything you could possibly think of is all in one place.  Floral arrangements, music, invitations, centerpieces, catering, bed rooms, restaurants and beauty salons (spa).  

Washroom facilities

A very popular venue, the Old Mill Inn and Spa is an English-style Inn and restaurant.  It was originally a saw mill built in 1793.  In 1914, it was owned by R. Home Smith who opened it as "the Old Mill Tea Garden".  Following that the Inn was used as a dance hall for during the Big Band era in the 20's.  More recently in 1983 it was designated as a 'Heritage Property' by the City of Etobicoke (now Toronto).  Currently it is owned by the Kalmar family.  The Spa opened in 2001 with over 47 rooms and 13 suites. The property over looks 2.5 hectacres of parkland surrounding the Humber River making it a perfect spot for weddings, business conventions or a romantic getaway.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Hi, I also wanted to mention about 95.3 Solid Gold Dance parties which are a hit !!! they are held there too! ITs a blast!
    Bill and Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:25 PM

    Dancing to the tunes of the oldies, ya the Old MIll is definitely a great place to go!
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of the Sold Gold Dance parties and still waiting to get tickets...:D 95.3 is a great station too!

    ReplyDelete