Old Mill Inn & Spa in Toronto



A very popular venue, the Old Mill Inn and Spa is an English-style Inn and restaurant.  It was originally a saw mill built in 1793.  In 1914, it was owned by R. Home Smith who opened it as "the Old Mill Tea Garden".  Following that the Inn was used as a dance hall for during the Big Band era in the 20's.  More recently in 1983 it was designated as a 'Heritage Property' by the City of Etobicoke (now Toronto).  Currently it is owned by the Kalmar family.  The Spa opened in 2001 with over 47 rooms and 13 suites. The property over looks 2.5 hecacres of parkland surrounding the Humber River making it a perfect spot for weddings, business conventions or a romantic getaway.

When you look at this gorgeous property both inside and out, its not too difficult to imagine that almost 300 years ago the area surrounding the Old Mill, was once used as a fishing and hunting area for the First Nations before the Europeans took settlement here.  By about 1720, the French had made it their home calling a small piece of land the Magasin Royale, was was close to the present site of the Mill.  They used this fort-like property to trade with different native bands.

50 years later, the English came and built homes, using the Mill to cut lumber.  The first homes were built in York, Upper Canada which is now known as Toronto.  There are so many beautiful piece of furniture inside, surrounded by lush gardens on the outside, patios, gifts shops and a chapel onsite.  


see Etienne Brule Trail
see Humber River Trail