Nov 21, 2013

L'Amoreaux Park

While driving north on Brimley Road, I noticed a sign to L'Amoreaux Park on the east.  I had a curious inclination to visit it since it contains a strong resemblance to my family name.

Although I was on my way north I had some time to stop by.  I must admit now is not the best time to be taking a lot of nature shots as most of leaves have changed colours and dropped to the ground already leaving many branches bare.  Most of the latter part of autumn this year I missed due to an injury (klutzy me!) 
 It was pretty mild out still for November, so I took a little walk around to see what little surprises this park had for me. 
My first impression was that it wasn't going to be very big but before long you could see many curious paths going into different directions.  One small paved trail bordered a vast pond, another to small leafless trees, while still another circled a wood chipped covered trail.

To the north end of the trail it expanded to the L'Amoreaux Sports Complex which included the Kidstown Water Park, and the L'Amoreaux Community and Recreational Centre to east.  

The animals seemed quite comfortable in the centre of a heavily populated part of town and used to plenty of visitors crossing their path.

The L'Amoreaux Park constitutes over 50% of parkland between Steeles to the north and Finch to the south, it deserves another visit once the foliage returns.
 
It is also quite close to Passmore Forest, which is a tiny piece of shaded bliss of woodland.  It resembles more the look of a provincial park, rather than a piece of urban forest.  The woodchip trail that leads through a diversely populated mixed forest.  I am not at all educated in the many types of trees but I could easily identify the red oak, beech and white pine.   and red oak to name only a few of the tree species present.

I enjoyed my little visit and sometimes prefer to take photos on my own for this particular reason so that I can stop and discover hidden gems like these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment